Saturday, June 14, 2008

Differences The 2nd Time Around

I've started noticing some differences between this pregnancy and my first, some good and some not-so-good.
1. I am EXHAUSTED...all of the time. I've attributed this to the fact that I didn't have a wild
2 1/2 year old to chase the first time around. I' ve wanted to take a nap at work many times and if I didn't have a window in my office it just may have happened. I go to bed at 8:00 on nights when Caitlyn is settled down enough to just hang out with Robert for the rest of the evening (no, we don't have a set bed time for her). Just thinking of cleaning the house sometimes makes me physically tired. :) I am getting a bit more energy back and hope that things improve quickly.
2. My body is more achy/sore. Everywhere.
3. I've hit 13 weeks and I'm already starting to show (at least Robert and I think so). With Caitlyn I don't think I really started to show much until shortly before she was born. My pants are tighter around the waist, which is a bit frustrating since I just lost close to 25 pounds :(
4. I crave carbs, chocolate, and junk. I don't remember having cravings when I was pregnant with Caitlyn. This is a bit frustrating since I can't seem to resist my cravings. I was so proud of myself for eating healthy and losing weight and now...I've only gained about 3 pounds so far and I'd like to keep my total gain down since I have lots of extra "storage" to be used up.
5. I'm not as worried this time around like I was last time. Granted, I'm worried about pre-eclampsia rearing it's ugly head again, but I'm not worried about the little things that I obsessed over last time. For instance, I didn't touch a Dorito when I was pregnant with Caitlyn because of the MSG content and this time around I've had my fair share of Doritos. Everything in moderation, right?

We haven't taken may photos lately, but here are some more recent ones of Caitlyn.



Sharing the chair with her baby.


Hanging out with "pony" in the bathroom. Doesn't she remind you of Boo in Monsters, Inc?
Helping Daddy open his Father's Day gift.

"ooohhhh....pretty!" Caitlyn got Daddy a Father and Daughter figure for our collection.





No comments: