Sunday, April 11, 2010

Two Months Later....

Madyson has to cruise in style
The girls LOVE the sandbox..especially on a nice spring day



After our family egg hunt on Easter morning


Getting the hang of the egg hunt idea


Caitlyn @ the Ramsay egg hunt


Madyson @ the Ramsay egg hunt. She really preferred putting pine cones in her basket.


"WOW!" Coloring eggs

Caitlyn's new favorite snack: hard boiled eggs

Spring preschool music program

"Cheese!"

1st Oreo cookie...YUM!

Double trouble...on wheels!

Robert taught her how to use turbo speed...uh oh!

One of Madyson's favorite activities

Cut Bank, February.

Grandma Phoebe's 90th bday party


I have deemed myself to be the worst blogger. Well, at least the worst out of my family. Not only have I become a blogger slacker, I have gotten REALLY bad about ordering photos after I take them. I believe that I am at least 6 months behind on ordering photos, which then becomes overwhelming because that ends up being more $$$ than I want to spend on photos at one time. At any rate, I just don't seem to have the time to take care of everything, so my blogging and photos are just examples of some of the things that become low on the list of priorities.

As always, life at the Martin house has been busy. The girls keep us on our toes and Robert and I frequently find ourselves laughing so hard that we have tears streaming down our cheeks; our girls ARE that funny. If only we had a video camera on 24 hours per day to record those special moments that seem to pass all too quickly!

Caitlyn is preparing for her ballet finale the 1st weekend of May. We learned the other day that this preparation for the finale will entail 2 evenings a week of practice...time to re-think our schedule for the rest of this month! Robert has assumed the role of "Ballet Daddy" and takes Caitlyn to ballet class each week. I think that he thoroughly enjoys this special time spent with her and he is the only daddy waiting in the next room with all of the mothers. Caitlyn will always remember that her Daddy took the time to do this for her. After ballet is over, the plan is to sign Caitlyn up for pre-K volleyball and soccer, which should be fun!

Madyson is growing SO fast! Her vocabulary is quickly growing and she surprises us daily with new words. While putting her jacket on her at daycare the other day, she pointed to the turtles in the tank and said "turtle." She is our little helper and upon request will take something to Daddy/Mommy or will put something away when asked. She also loves to clean up messes that she makes. Oh, and she hasn't been to the doctor since she had pneumonia...in January (aside from getting tubes in her ears in February)!!! This is a record!

Easter was a busy time in our home, as three of Robert's kids from Missoula were here for the Spring Break. Madyson and I enjoyed actually celebrating Easter this year, as last year we spent the holiday in the hospital (Mady had RSV). The Easter Bunny treated everyone well and we now have Easter candy added to our collection of Halloween, Christmas, and Valentine candy.
As for me, I have been busy at work now that I've relocated to our Butte office. Another counselor in our office has resigned, which means that the rest of us will be assuming responsibility of the additional 120 cases until the vacant position is filled. For those unaware of the current "state of the State, there is an increasing vacancy savings, which means that positions are not filled for quite a while. For instance, our Regional Administrator retired in December and that position is still not being advertised. I'm still trying to get used to the idea of managing 120+ cases for a while.

Robert has been busy at work as usual as well. He has changed his work schedule a bit some days, so he gets home later. I really don't like when he has to work after 5:00, as that means I have to get the girls, make dinner, get them in the tub, and then get them ready for bed before he even gets home. Makes for a crabby mommy.

No comments: