Monday, March 17, 2008

Imaginary Friend

Ever been traumatized by a fictitious character?? Maybe....the EASTER BUNNY?!?

Caitlyn and I were doing our Wal-Mart shopping on Saturday and low and behold the Easter Bunny was there. I asked Caitlyn if she wanted to see THE BUNNY and she excitedly said "yes" and tore her jacket off. She was waving to the bunny, blowing kisses, and saying hi. However, when it was her turn to visit Mr. Bunny, she freaked out, yelled "NO!" and ran to me. Mind you, she REALLY wanted to see Mr. Hippety-Hoppety and appeared very conflicted and she tried to urge herself to take the Easter egg he was offering. She just couldn't get her little legs to budge, so I took the egg for her and off we went. I do think it's important to note that as we left, she used her manners and said "Thank you Bunny" for the egg, waved, and said her good-byes.

As we strolled through the store to finish our shopping, she began to yell "AHHHHH, Bunny...SCARY!!" Other shoppers found her quite comical as she ate the candy out of the egg that that SCARY Little Bunny Foo-Foo gave her.

Let's advance to the next day, Sunday. Early in the morning Caitlyn was watching television and I was in the other room. I suddenly heard her crying and calling for me. After rushing to the living room and asking her what happened, she sobbed and pointed to the t.v. and said "Bunny, SCARY!" Yes, there was a cartoon on with a bunny and she apparently thought it was going to get here.

Let's move through the day to the afternoon. I was in the kitchen and Caitlyn was playing in her bedroom. I had the baby monitor on so I could hear what she was doing. Suddenly, I heard her crying and yelling "OWWEEEE!" I rushed to her bedroom and asked her what happened. Her response you ask?? "The BUNNY, BITE, OWWEEE!" She showed me her finger where the Bunny apparently nibbled on it. She then turned toward the door and yelled "I don't like that Bunny!" AND THEN, she went out the door and said "Come back Bunny, where you going?" Talk about IMAGINATION, huh?

Oh, but we're not finished. At dinner she kept looking over her shoulder as if someone was watching her and said "Where did you go, Bunny?" Mind you, she also reiterates frequently that the Bunny is SCARY. This morning at breakfast she told her Dad how the Bunny is SCARY, but that he gave her an egg.

I believe that as Caitlyn gets older, we will not have a "ghost" who gets blamed for messes in the house as my brother's and I had growing up. We will have a BUNNY who gets blamed for all of the messes in our house!

We'll keep you posted next week, as we really do want to get Caitlyn's picture with the Easter Bunny at the mall.

No comments: