Saturday, June 13, 2009

Busy As Usual. Did I Mention That My Babies Are Growing Up?!?

I'm finally finding time to update my blog. I'm constantly amazed at how much more there is to do with another child in the house. Madyson is sick again; ear infection, more wheezing, and a viral infection in the back of her throat. I think her throat has finally cleared up and she's not wheezing as much, but her ears seem to bother her quite a bit. I fear that we're on the road to having to have tubes put in her ears if she can't get them cleared up in the next couple of months. Her pediatrician has also let us know that asthma is very likely after her RSV and continued secondary infections. Lovely. SO, along with the daily routine comes breathing treatments, medicine, suctioning her poor little nose, and a couple of fussy nights.

Now for some good news....Madyson has slept through the night 4 nights in a row. Amazingly enough, so has Caitlyn! For some of you this may be no big deal. For me, it's a miracle. Caitlyn is not a child who requires much sleep. I'm convinced that her time in the NICU with all of the alarms, being woken up frequently, and then not being allowed to sleep more than 3 hours at a time until she was 6 months old has resulted in a child who has probably only slept through the night less than 10 times since she was born. What does that mean? That means that I have not slept through the night more than 10 times in the past 3 1/2 years! I am seriously sleep deprived! Here's the irony. Now that the girls have been sleeping through the night...I still wake up worrying and wondering why they haven't woken up!

Here's an update on other happenings.

My brother Ryan, his wife Trish, and their two boys made a trip to Montana for a visit. It was wonderful to see them and Caitlyn had the time of her life playing with Logan and Carter. She misses them terribly. We celebrated my mom's birthday a few days early with a barbecue at our house with lots of family in attendance. It was a good time, even though it was about 40 degrees. Instead of shorts and lawn chairs, we had jeans and everyone was crowded in the house.

Caitlyn is doing very well in he preschool class at daycare. She gets to go on field trips and is so grown up! She loves "school" and even on the weekends asks if it's a school day. She comes home singing songs that she learns in school and one of the best parts of the evening is hearing about her day. She started riding a "big kid" bicycle yesterday and she is VERY proud of that. She has the battle wounds to prove it! I am convinced that she will go through AT LEAST 1 box of band-aids each week this summer.

Madyson is eating cereal and got a new high chair today. She is babbling a lot and is getting so big! She will be 6 months old Monday; unbelievable. I honestly can barely remember what it as like to hold her when she born; time flies entirely too fast. She weighed in at 16 lbs 7 oz on Monday during her visit to the pediatrician. Her pediatrician says that if she wasn't so "healthy" then she would actually likely get a lot sicker than she has been getting. I can't even imagine what that would be like.

I started my summer session class last week. It's an 8 week course with a lot of reading, papers, and a LONG written final exam. I'm stressing about when I'm going to find time to get it all done.

Caitlyn, Grammy, Madyson, Carter, & Logan. Just missing Avery.


This was a difficult photo to get. Carter and Caitlyn kept wanting to show their bottoms to the camera!


Caitlyn & Logan.

Madyson in her new high chair.



At Grammy's house a couple of weeks ago.

Not sure what she thinks of the swing.

Caitlyn showing off her new hat.

Love this video. Madyson is blowing cereal raspberries!

No comments: