Sunday, September 13, 2009

I rarely seem to have a few spare moments to update the blog; my apologies to those of you who actually check for updates!

Life is busy as usual. I started fall semester classes at the end of August and have dared to take two classes this semester. Two evenings of classes, plus Robert working later now some evenings, plus ballet class starting for Caitlyn this week makes for very little time to get anything done! Needless to say, my house is not as clean as I would like (but clean enough for Madyson to safely crawl on the floors) and I swear laundry seems to multiply at night! I really don't like that taking these online classes takes up so much of my evening time with the girls. One comment made recently was that I should just do my classes and school work after the girls are in bed or before they wake up. Unfortunately, my online classes are live (unlike some online class formats) and are in the evenings. Believe me, if I could choose when to attend class it would not be during family time in the evenings.

As you look at the photos below, you'll notice that Caitlyn has shorter hair. She decided that she wanted her hair "little like Mommy's," so to Miss Annie (my stylist) we went and she got her hair short! It is darling and it makes her look so grown up!

Madyson will be 9 months old tomorrow; unbelievable! Another trip to the pediatrician today for a sinus infection revealed her weight at 19 lbs 1 oz...WOW!! I compared her 9 month weight to Caitlyn's and guess who weighed more? Caitlyn weighed in at a whopping 21 3/4 lbs when she was 9 months old! So much for her being my "little preemie baby!"

I predict that Madyson will be walking soon and then we're in BIG trouble! Caitlyn already feels the need to "protect" her bedroom and her space and the two of them actually "race" down the hallway to Caitlyn's room. Madyson's intent is to actually get into the room and Caitlyn's intent is to shut the door before Madyson makes it in. On occasion, Madyson is granted the privilege of entering the castle of Princess Caitlyn. In fact, the other day Caitlyn said "come on in, darlings!" They are funny to watch and there will surely be many loving sister moments and many sisterly "disagreements!"

We recently took the girls to Bozeman to The Museum of the Rockies so that Caitlyn could see the dinosaur fossils and exhibits. She really enjoyed the trip and actually learned quite a bit about dinosaurs. She can tell you "Dinosaurs aren't alive anymore, they're gone. That means they stinct!" She has her very own triceratops named Cotton Candy (gotta love the names that little girls give to their toys)!


Robert caught this on camera last week

Showing off the new haircut!

Next to a T-Rex foot and skull. No fear of the T-Rex, but the brontosaurus was scary (perhaps because there were flesh-eating dinosaurs taking bites out of it's back and neck?!?)

I think this was a triceratops head

No comments: