Sunday, April 27, 2008

A Great Weekend

We had a GREAT weekend! Robert had Saturday off, which is rare. We took Caitlyn to her swimming lessons Saturday morning, went to lunch, did some shopping, and returned home. The weather was beautiful on Saturday, so we spend most of the rest of the day outside. Caitlyn learned how to go down her BIG tornado slide and has NO fear climbing up the playhouse to get to it. I'm guessing she went down that slide 50 times on Saturday! Robert and I worked had pulling old weeds and chopping things out of the flower beds, which we neglected to do last fall. It was quite the chore and I for one as SORE!
My mom came over Saturday afternoon and we put some steaks on the grill. It was nice to get some things done around the house and to get some SUNSHINE! Caitlyn didn't nap due to not wanting to miss all of the activity, so she dozed off at about 6:00. I was sure she'd be up by 10:00 ready to play, but I actually changed her diaper, took her clothes off, and put her jammies on and she didn't even wake up! She slept all night, which is not like her and she didn't crawl into bed with me until after Robert left for work this morning. Gotta love what playing hard in the sun does for wearing kids out!
Today Robert worked until the afternoon, so Caitlyn and I spent time doing laundry this morning and just spending some quality time together at home. It was even warmer today and I think it hit around 70 degrees. We played outside (of course we HAD to spend lots of time at the tornado slide)! When Robert got home we pulled more weeds and did some raking while Caitlyn played golf, colored the driveway with sidewalk chalk, and of course, went down her tornado slide. It's amazing how quickly time flies when we're outside! Again, it's not even 7:00 and Caitlyn went to bed without eating her dinner. She's one wiped out little Girl!
Caitlyn is in the make believe and dress-up stage. Keep in mind that she chose her own outfit, complete with her snow boots which she has been demanding to wear now that there's NO snow! Caitlyn is usually a puppy, a cat, a frog, a baby, or a butterfly when she pretend plays.
Gotta love this outfit!
Jumping in the pool during swimming lessons.
Enjoying the sunshine with her Dora gardening gloves. See her tornado slide in the back and how high she has to climb to get to it?!?



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She's getting to be quite the big girl! May I suggest she not be encouraged to pursue a career as a fashion designer???