Saturday, May 3, 2008

Pink Eye

It seems as though we will be paying medical bills for life. The week before last Caitlyn had a really bad case of eczema and had to get a prescription cream. This week I got a call from daycare and Caitlyn has Pink Eye. Apparently it has been going around her daycare for quite some time, but they never let parents know that. So, I didn't think a thing of her crusty eye Wednesday morning and she was sent on her way to daycare. After being at work for an hour I got the call that Caitlyn needed to be picked up and her eye was nasty. Another trip the the pediatrician and another prescription later, she's doing better but still has crusty eyes in the morning.
Of course, a day off work with a child who is sick or who has pink eye is not relaxing. I had to wash her bedding, our bedding, extra blankets, and towels that she had used so we didn't just keep spreading the bacteria around. And trying to keep a two year old from rubbing her eyes is IMPOSSIBLE!! I think Robert and I are getting pretty good at juggling time off work when Caitlyn has to stay home. If I have a lot of clients scheduled one day then Robert will stay home and then I'll stay home the next day or if he's super busy at work I'll try to change my schedule around as needed. I guess ya gotta do what ya gotta do!
On another note, the weather was nice this morning but has gotten worse this afternoon. However, we did have time to put together Caitlyn's sandbox after buying some sand in town. She loves it and boy does she make a mess with all that sand!
Poor girl with her swollen, itchy, burning, goopy, crusty eyes!
I think she has pretty much learned how to soak up ALL of the pity available in our house!
Waving to Mommy from the new sandbox.
Making a mess with Daddy, they do that so well together even without a sandbox!
We really like the attached picnic table and umbrella.

1 comment:

Ryan and Trish said...

The dreaded pink eye is SOOOO much fun! The bummer is...even if daycare had let you know, she was already exposed, so chances are she would've gotten it anyway. Thank God for prescriptions and health insurance!

I bet she'll get your money's worth out of the sandbox; every kid needs one. Our boys play with that more than anything else outside. If you really want to make it fun, give her access to some water...mmmmmmmmmmmm...MUD!