I know it has been a while since updating this blog. We've been busy and are finally getting good weather in Ramsay!
Right now I'm in Logan, Utah for a 5 day course for my master's program. 8 hours per day is a bit much for me and after two days I'm ready to go home! I miss Caitlyn and Robert terribly.
On the other hand, it feels good to learn new things and to use the brain cells I have.
I forgot how good it feels to REALLY have to think and to analyze things.
It's wonderful to collaborate with others in my profession and to learn what others find useful in their jobs. I've realized that I actually HAVE learned something in the past 15 months on the job and I don't feel that I'm so much behind other VR counselors now.
It's very easy to "go with the flow" of life and to stop challenging ourselves, which is what I quickly realized Monday morning after the first four hours of class! It seems that I have used every excuse in the world to put off going to graduate school and now that I have no choice (at least if I want to keep my job), I'm kicking myself for waiting so long.
It will be a challenge but it will be very worthwhile.
As I said, I miss my family terribly. Robert is putting in a lot of hours at work so Grandpa Jim and Rita came down to Ramsay to entertain Caitlyn. I think they're keeping her so busy that she doesn't have time to miss her Mommy, which is a relief. I think it's much more difficult on me than it is her!
Will post more once I return home!
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment