Sunday, November 2, 2008

"I want to be an ANIMAL or a BABY COSTUME!"

Yes, we have a little lady with an opinion about EVERYTHING! The day before Halloween Caitlyn suddenly decided that she was no longer going to be a princess for Halloween. She wanted to be an animal (don't ask me what kind) or a baby costume (not just a baby, but a baby COSTUME). This, after over a week of telling everyone she is going to be Cindellella for Halloween. Luckily for use, she was again ready to be Cindellella on Halloween morning. And boy, was she EXCITED! We had to convince her the night prior to Halloween that she had to go to sleep or Halloween wouldn't be here. Out she went. At 5:30 the next morning she awoke telling me "Mommy, it's Halloween!" I convinced her that it wasn't Halloween yet because it was still dark and told her that she had to go back to sleep before it could be Halloween....her head hit the pillow faster than I've seen before and she was out like a light.
Caitlyn had a BUSY Halloween day, starting with a party at daycare complete with a costume parade. Robert was off work, so he brought her to my office to trick-or-treat, as my new office is in a 4 floor building and all of the offices hand out candy. I think she had PLENTY of candy after that, but of course we had to trick-or-treat in Ramsay after I go home from work. Grammy Jan came over and we had a lot of fun getting Caitlyn ready and taking her around town. Ramsay is the perfect place for Halloween, as nobody has to drive and they have a "pit stop" at the school with hot dogs, chips, coffee, and hot chocolate. Caitlyn had a blast and kept saying "I'm having so much fun!" She really enjoyed seeing the other kids dressed up in costumes around town.
Despite the tantrums and frustrations of potty training at this age, I really do love this stage. Caitlyn is learning so much about how the world works and I love it when she discovers something new. I love that she gets excited about things and will be able to remember holiday traditions. She is asserting herself and her feelings and is becoming more independent every day. Her latest phrases are "get out of my space" and "don't touch me, I'm fine."


Halloween Costume Parade at Daycare.Trick-or-treating at Mommy's office. Thankfully, Caitlyn told Cindy that she's a nice witch!Getting ready to head out for the evening. She even got treated to some "princess make-up" on her cheeks and lips and was SO proud of that!
She loved checking out the decorations at people's houses.
With Grammy Jan.
Sitting by her pumpkins at the house.


After getting comfy in the wagon, Caitlyn told us that she was Sleeping Beauty.






















No comments: