Monday, March 23, 2009

Random

Seems like there has a been a lot going on lately, so this may seem like a jumbled post.

For starters, my heart goes out to those families who lost loved ones in the plane crash that occurred in Butte yesterday, in which 7 children died. I can't imagine losing a child and it's one of those events that makes me so thankful to have my children sleeping safely in their beds tonight. We never know when a tragedy will strike and it terrifies me to know that regardless of how safe I keep my children, I am never fully in control and in the blink of an eye something terrible can happen. Sometimes I feel so helpless as a parent. Please hug your babies extra tight tonight.
For those of you in Alaska, I hope that Mt. Redoubt settles down and that the ash stays away from Kenai. Dad, I hope you get to fly home Wednesday...and Happy Birthday again!
Madyson's daycare teacher sent home an article today that makes me angry. Are you aware that some of the products that you use on your child may contain formaldehyde and other toxic and carcinogenic products?!? I guess I was aware that there are a lot of unsafe products on the market, but I never paid much attention because I had assumed that since I used "brand name" products I was safe. Uh...no. Johnson's baby shampoo contains formaldehyde and 1,4-dioxane. And to think that I assumed that products that are used on my children are regulated and safe. Please check that list of products that contain harmful products at http://www.ewg.org/files/Campaign-Safe-Cosmetics-NoMoreToxicTub.pdf
I know I'll be going through my girls' lotions, shampoos, etc.
Hmmm...I feel like I'm full of negativity tonight. On a positive note...Caitlyn has been going #2 in the potty for over a week now without accident! YAY!! She was so excited to call me at work today to tell me that she pooped in the potty. Ahhh...the joys of having a toddler. Madyson is quickly becoming a giant...in baby terms I guess. She weighs in at almost 15 pounds already and I swear that child grew 2 inches today!

Robert took Caitlyn to Fairmont to feed the animals on Saturday...she loved it.

Sliding after feeding the animalsCheck out how strong her neck is!

What is that, you ask? Lollipop..yep, that's right. Poor kid was playing on her blanket and I think it took me 1/2 hour to realize she had Caitlyn's lollipop remnants stuck in her hair.

1 comment:

Tim said...

Love that last picture of Caitlyn and Madyson, They are adorable. I hope your dad is safe from Redoubt and is well.