Madyson was discharged from St. James yesterday, but she continues to require oxygen. It's a struggle to navigate around the house with an oxygen tank attached to her, but it's
mucb better than being in the hospital. She had a rough night at home last night, but I think she's doing much better today. She has her follow-up appointment with a doctor tomorrow to determine how she's doing and hopefully she'll be able to get rid of the oxygen. In the meantime, I am at home with her until she gets the okay to return to daycare, which will hopefully be next Monday. However, Robert was informed by our daycare that as of today they have 5 kids with RSV, so I'm afraid of
Madyson going back and getting sick again. Of course, I'm out of sick leave and vacation since I didn't have much built up since my return from maternity leave, but such is life with children.
Caitlyn was very happy for Mommy and Maddy to be home. I cuddled with her on the couch last night and she said "Mommy, I missed you. I'm glad you're home." Talk about words that bring tears to your eyes. Caitlyn begins her transition to the pre-school room today, which is very exciting for her. She is pretty much potty trained, with the expected accident here and there.
Maddy and I missed Easter, but Robert took Caitlyn to the Ramsay Egg Hunt on Saturday and the Easter Bunny left a lot of goodies for her on Easter. We had also gone to an Easter Egg Hunt the previous week, so needless to say we have A LOT of candy hiding in various places around the house. I think we'll have our Easter dinner this Saturday, as I have a good looking ham waiting to be cooked!
Oh, and Madyson is 4 months old already!
This is a video of Madyson "yelling" at the respiratory therapist after he did her breathing treatment, CPT, and then suctioned her nose, all of which she hates! She really gave him a lecture!
Madyson's hospital room door basically labeling her as a contact risk. Poor kid probably thought aliens were coming in and out of her room since all the medical people wore masks, gloves, and gowns.

Poor baby not doing so well.
Madyson feeling better on the day of discharge.
Caitlyn at her egg hunt.

Getting ready to go to the egg hunt in Ramsay.

Bundled up for the egg hunt last weekend in the snow.
Madyson prior to getting sick. Gotta love the hair sticking up in the air!
No comments:
Post a Comment