Sunday, April 26, 2009

Lions and Tigers and...Pink Poodles...OH MY!

I have no idea how my parents handled having to tell my brothers and me "no" when there were things that we wanted that they couldn't do for us. My parents did A LOT for us and I honestly can't remember my parents tellings us "no" often. They really did more for us than most parents are able to do for their kids. At any rate, on Tuesday I picked Caitlyn up from daycare and the first thing she said was "Mom, I want to go to the circus." I had no idea that the circus was in town, but apparently it was the talk of the day at daycare and it sounded like a number of kids from her class were going. I felt terrible. Imagining my child being the one being "left out" of the discussion about how great the circus was the next day was heart wrenching. Mind you, this was at 4:30; the circus started at 7:30. With an infant to feed and to get to bed by 8:00, there was no way I was going to be able to take Caitlyn to the circus. What's a mommy to do?
Call daddy, which we did. So, Robert took Caitlyn to the circus. They didn't get home until 10:30 that night, but it was well worth it just by seeing the excitement on her face when she arrived home. What we do for our children.

Madyson is doing much better, but still has a terrible cough. Apparently there were 8 kids from her daycare out with RSV while she was in the hospital. And no, we didn't start it. There was 1 baby in the infant room who had it before Madyson. Our first hospital bill has arrived....over $11,000!!! Thank goodness for double insurance coverage for the girls!
I am finally finished with my spring semester class, so I have a break from school until June. It's amazing how much time one class takes out of my week.

Oh, and Madyson is now responsible for tearing pages out of books and for making messes in the house...according to Caitlyn anyway!

The ponies and horses were Caitlyn's favorite animals at the circus

You don't see pink and blue poodles every day

Sporting Daddy's hat

No comments: