


Last night I pulled out Caitlyn's "mementos" from Providence NICU, including her 1st set of leads, her tiny blood pressure cuff, and her hospital bracelet. I also read the journal that I had wrote in daily during my hospital stay prior to her birth. My days were filled with worry, anxiety, feelings of guilt, and fear of the unknown. Little did I know that my first born daughter would be a fighter and as fiesty when she was born as she is now! Reading my journal brought tears to my eyes, as I wrote to Caitlyn about my longing to meet her and to hold her.
Four years later, our tiny girl is taller than everyone in her class and can pass for a 6 year old! She is full of hope for the future and shows so much promise. She is loving, kind, compassionate, and sincere, all things that any parent would hope for. She starts each day with excitement and anticipation and she finds joy in the things that we as adults tend to disregard. Caitlyn loves her baby sister, even when she gets frustrated with her (yesterday she told her that she's the best sister ever). I have many hopes and dreams for Caitlyn, but most importantly, I hope that she finds happiness in this world by following a path of her choosing.
As I watch my daughters grow, I have found a profound appreciation for my parents and for what they taught me. I appreciate the traditions that they have passed down and that I am now able to pass down to my children. From the smell of chex mix to the traditional Holiday feast, I know that my girls will pass those traditions to their own children. I also have a deeper appreciation for the sacrifices that my parents made to ensure that my brothers and I had as much opportunity as possible.
So, with that, I want to wish my princess a Happy 4th Birthday! Always remember that Mommy loves you bigger than the sky, and the clouds, and the sunshine, and the stars, and the rainbowsm and that I love you always and forever!

1st birthday party

2 years old!

Caitlyn's 3rd birthday!

4th Birthday Party!!
No comments:
Post a Comment