Sunday, September 28, 2008

High School Sports

Now that Tylor and Spencer are both in high school, they have been able to participate in sports this year for the 1st time. Last Thursday we made an afternoon trip to Missoula to watch Spencer's freshman football team. The game went into 5 overtimes, so it was a LONG night! Robert wasn't able to get many photos during the game. Caitlyn now loves football players, which hopefully will NOT be the case when she's a teenager!
Tylor is a sophomore (and he turned 16 last week) and has joined cross country running. We made a trip to Missoula yesterday to watch him at the UM Invitational, which ended up being a HUGE meet with about 1.300 runners from across the state! Tylor ran in the JV race and he really impressed us! For never having participated in athletics before he did GREAT. Tylor ended up finishing in the first half of the "pack" and beat his best time by about 1.5 minutes! I don't remember his exact time, but he ran 3 miles in under 20 minutes. Caitlyn's comment after Tylor ran by us for the 1st time was, "I see Tylor run! I said GO TYLOR GO!!" She was VERY excited to get to see Tylor.
I had my 28 week dr. appointment yesterday and all is still well. I'm getting very anxious as I approach 30 weeks, but my doctor seems very optimistic that all will go well.

Spencer taking a break with his team.
"Go, Tylor, Go!" Tylor nearing the finish line.
After the race under his team's tent.
Tylor and Robert...notice how Tylor is growing?
Robert, Tylor, & Caitlyn.

No comments: