Saturday, October 4, 2008

30th Birthday

I turned 30 yesterday. Last night Robert, Caitlyn, and I stayed home and I opened the gifts that they bought me and tonight my mom came to town and took us to dinner and brought a cake over. It was a quiet birthday and pretty much seemed like just another day. I thought that turning 30 would be difficult for me since I had a really tough time last year when I turned 29, but it hasn't bothered me at all. My brother Jimmy says, "didn't you know that 30 is the new 20?!?" And then my mom says "I was 26 when I had you and you were my last one. No wonder you're so tired; you're 4 years older than I was when I was pregnant with you." Love you Mom.I must also point out that I firmly believe that my almost 3 year old has got to have the energy equal to about 5 other toddlers...come and spend a Saturday with me and I think you'll agree!
I got some great birthday gifts, but I've got to say that the best gift of all was when Caitlyn told me "Happy Birthday Mommy" and gave me THE BEST HUG IN THE WORLD (she hugs like no other and puts her whole heart and soul into it)!!
Other than that, all else is well. Caitlyn has started counting in Spanish out of the blue...we haven't taught her so she must be getting it from her Dora shows. She asserted her opinion last night when we went shopping for a Halloween costume. Robert and I wanted her to be a witch and had a cute costume picked out but she spotted a princess costume and just had to have it. There was NO way she was going to agree to being anything but a princess. Guess it's just a glimpse of what is to come as she gains more independence and learns how to make her opinion known!
I'll be 30 weeks next Saturday. While I have my aches and pains being pregnant, I wouldn't trade them for the world if it means that I'll make it to term with this baby. Oh, and baby girl's name....MADYSON. We're having a hard time with a middle name right now.

A rare family photo
The girls
Hmmm...I think Caitlyn is anxious to get a taste of the cake!
The best birthday cake from the Sweet Flour Bakery in Helena...thanks MOM!!
Caitlyn singing Happy Birthday to me.
Helping Daddy make lasagna.Robert makes a great lasagna and I just stand back and watch.
"CHEESE!"

2 comments:

Ryan and Trish said...

Your hair is getting so long!

I'm very excited all is well with this pregnancy...we'll continue to pray that the remainder is smooth as well.

Thanks for the name information...now I can continue shopping!

BellaLovesPink said...

Glad you had a great birthday Erin! And I love the new baby's name!