Friday, October 10, 2008

Silly Hair Day

Caitlyn's toddler class has designated Wednesdays as dress-up days. There has been a Wear Yellow Day, etc. This week was Silly Hair Day, and boy did we have fun getting Caitlyn ready for the day. It was perfect that she woke up with crazy "sticky uppy" bangs for Silly Hair Day. She loved getting "dolled up" for her special day and before she left she even put on her dress-up clothes to make the look complete!
On another note, when I picked Caitlyn up for daycare today her teacher was VERY excited to share that earlier in the day she didn't see Caitlyn playing with her friends and she started looking around the room for her. Where did she find our "Cait" as her friends call her? IN THE BATHROOM!! Caitlyn took it upon herself to go into the bathroom, pull her own pants and diaper off, and go pee in the potty...all by herself! When her teacher asked what she was doing, she apparently said "I going potty!" It was suggested that we try "big girl" panties with plastic pants over them, which has actually been working out fairly well since the plastic pants keep in accidents fairly well but Caitlyn can still feel that she is wet, which she doesn't appreciate. I guess one of these days she'll be potty trained, but we're not rushing her. I've resigned myself to having 2 in diapers for a while.
I had my 30 week appointment today and all is still well! Blood pressure is good and still NO signs of pre-eclampsia!!! The doctor seems pretty confident that all will continue to go well. Oh, and we scheduled the date for my c-section. If all goes as planned, Madyson will arrive on December 16th!!! My doctor doesn't schedule c-sections prior to the 39th week to make sure that babies are ready to arrive, as even 38 weekers can have underdeveloped lungs if they're not ready to make their arrival yet. Now I add to my list of worries "what if I go into labor before my c-section?!?" The doctor says that in his experience, those of use who have only had c-sections before tend to make it to our c-section dates over those who have have regular deliveries and then c-sections. Guess we'll see. I can't believe we're getting so close to meeting our newest addition!



Gotta love the hair!
One thought was to have Robert just do her hair for the day, which would make it silly hair like most days that he fixes her hair :)
See the "sticky uppy" bangs??


No comments: