Monday, August 25, 2008

New Bedroom for Big Sister Caitlyn

First off, please check back tomorrow for more photos. For some reason I couldn't get all of them added tonight. With that said, Caitlyn is now moved into her new bedroom across the hallway from us. We didn't want to transition her right before or right after the baby gets here because we didn't want her to feel like she's getting "kicked out" of her space. Rather, we want her to feel like a big girl with her new bedroom, and she is absolutely just loving it! When she comes home she says "I paint my room," and "thank you Daddy."
It was A LOT of work for Robert and all of the finishing touches for now were finally completed tonight. Robert started working Friday morning and painting was completed Sunday afternoon., after 3 coats of primer to cover the black and 2 coats of purple and green (it's difficult to notice but the closet wall and ceiling are a very light green and the rest is lavendar). The room is wonderful and when I mentioned (more than once) that I wished I had a bedroom like Caitlyn's when I was little, Robert has told me to "get over it" and that "we're lucky that we had rocks and sticks to play with when we were little." Okay, so enough of being jealous of my nearly 3 year old daughter. :)
I love that the bedroom is large enough that we were able to move all of the playroom toys in and there's still plenty of room to spread out and play. I especially love the closet/storage space and the "reading corner" with the chair and night stand (which will hold some books).
As I mentioned, Caitlyn LOVES her new bedroom and so far has spent a lot of time playing and getting all of her toys adjusted to their new space.
Again, please check back tomorrow for "before" photos and some photos of Caitlyn baking her Daddy a "thank you" cake.
View from the hallway
Once side of the closet is for toys and the other side for clothes.
I love this side of the room.
Caitlyn is VERY proud of her big girl room.
Bed and reading corner

1 comment:

Ryan and Trish said...

I guess if you're THAT jealous, you could curl up on the rug and share the room with Caitlyn!

It looks great...perfect for a big girl!