I have been having a really difficult time getting Madyson to take a bottle. I've tried several types of bottles and nipples, which has cost a small fortune, and nothing seems to work. I thought I had finally gotten it right on Friday afternoon when she took about 2 oz. from a bottle, but she has refused anything from a bottle since. Robert has tried as well and that doesn't seem to make a difference. I spoke with her daycare providers about it and they said they have had other babies that have struggled and they said they are patient and will just keep trying. Our pediatrician assured me that Madyson won't let herself starve. It just makes going back to work that much more difficult knowing that she may be hungry and uncomfortable and won't understand why I'm not there. Best case scenerio is that she'll have no problem taking the bottle in a different environment; I'm keeping my fingers crossed. To make matters worse, while we were at the pediatrician's office on Thursday he was having 1 baby flown to Salt Lake with RSV and he was admitting 2 to St. James with RSV. He asked if I HAVE to put Madyson in daycare so soon and I reminded him that bills have to be paid and it's not by choice that I have to put her in daycare so soon. I have warned daycare that I'll be calling FREQUENTLY! Monday and Tuesday I'm only taking her in the afternoon, so hopefully that will help the transition a bit.
While I do dread having to go back to work so soon and putting Madyson in daycare, I am looking forward to being productive on a professional level again and I look forward to adult interaction. I think I'm one of those women who says I'd love staying home full-time but when it comes down to it I think I need to work in order to maintain balance within myself.
Oh, and Madyson weighed in at 11 lbs 2.4 oz and 23" long on Thursday, placing her above the 75th percentile. Dr. Graham says he's VERY pleased with her growth and he says that she is thriving.
"Uh, Mom, are you SURE Caitlyn knows what she's doing?!?"
"That feels pretty good"
Caitlyn dressing up as usual. This time in a pair of XXXL sweats Robert got from the clinic where he had his MRI.
1 comment:
I laughed out loud at that picture of Caitlyn...hilarious!
Here's wishing you a very uneventful first week back at work...
Post a Comment