Time has been flying by, just when I want it to slow down! Madyson will be 4 weeks old on Monday; I can't believe it and it just doesn't seem possible. Sadly, I only have 3 more weeks of leave left, as I didn't have enough sick leave and vacation time to take an entire 12 weeks off from work.
Caitlyn is back to her daycare routine, which is really positive for her since she loves playing with her friends and thrives on a predictable routine (which is NOT the case at home right now). She really loves her baby sister and adores it when Madyson looks at her and makes faces. We are struggling with trying to keep her from touching Madyson's head and it seems like just when we get Madyson to sleep Caitlyn wakes her up. I feel incredible guilt still for not having more time to devote to Caitlyn. Last week after she had asked Robert and I to play with her and we were both busy, she went to her bedroom and played alone. About an hour later she broke my heart by saying, "My Mommy and Daddy told me to go away." It shocked me that she interpreted it that way, but it also prompted me to try to look at things more from Caitlyn's perspective. Her world is different and she's trying to make sense of it.
On Thursday Madyson had another appointment with her pediatrician and she weighed in at 9 lbs 6.6 ounces. Dr. Graham told me that Madyson is doing great and he was really impressed with her strength. We'll go back at the end of this month, so I'll update her weight at that time.
I'm amazed at how well she is able to hold her head up already. So many things seem new to me and I'm trying to get the developmental timelines straight since everything was 2 months behind for Caitlyn when she was a baby.
"You want me to get her attention?"
"I think she's more interested in her popcorn."
"Cheese!"
Madyson always seems to be alert
Her hair seems to be getting lighter.
No comments:
Post a Comment