WE ARE EXCITED TO ANNOUNCE THE ARRIVAL OF OUR DAUGHTER:
MADYSON MCKENZIE MARTIN
ARRIVAL: 12/15/08
WEIGHT: 8 LBS 10.5 OZ
LENGTH: 20.5"
LOTS OF DARK HAIR!
Madyson arrived 1 day prior to her scheduled arrival date, as I was in the early stages of labor and my doctor gave me the choice of having my c-section on the 15th or I could have waited to see if I would make it to my scheduled c-section on the 16th. Robert and I opted to go ahead on the 15th, as I really didn't want to experience what REAL labor is like after the pain I was having in just the early stages! I commend those of you who actually go through natural child birth! I thought for sure that things were progressing pretty quickly, as my contractions were about 4 minutes apart by the time I got to my doctor's office and they were getting more intense. However, my cervix was still completely closed! By the time I got checked into the hospital contractions were getting stronger and closer together, so I'm not so sure I would have made it to the 16th anyway.
The actual c-section was pretty scary for me this time, as it took quite a while for the spinal to take effect and the doctor was concerned when he noticed me still wiggling my toes! Boy, what a difference between how a c-section feels delivery a 3 lb baby versus an 8 lb 10 oz baby! The difference in how everything felt brought on a lot of anxiety for me, but thankfully I had Robert next to me to help me through it! Before we knew it, Dr. Sironi was announcing the arrival of our healthy baby girl and she let out a good cry for us!
Madyson has changed a lot since Monday, as this morning she was down to 7 lbs 14.5 oz. She is a very calm baby, aside from when she's hungry! Her doctor has reassured me that bigger babies have it extra rough until Mommy's milk comes and that I shouldn't be concerned with her weight loss at this point and that she's getting plenty of nourishment from my colostrum.
My recovery is going pretty well, although I'm quite sore today. We were discharged today and are happy to be home. Big sister Caitlyn is in love with her baby sister!
We'll try to provide more updates and will eventually get photos posted on kodakgallery.
Grandpa Jim with his girls
Such a change in how she looks on day 2
Even more changes today
At home finally!
At home finally!
2 comments:
We look forward to spoiling another girl (even if by mail)!
Congratulation Erin, Robert & Caitlyn! We can't wait to meet our newest niece!!
Post a Comment