We are still trying to settle in. My dad left Thursday and my mom left today, which was pretty scary for me, as she has been a huge help with everything. Robert starts his vacation tomorrow. I'm still having a rough time recovering from the c-section and the evenings are especially difficult for me. I haven't been able to sleep in a bed, as it's very painful to lay down. I've been sleeping in the recliner, although last night I did graduate to the couch with a pillow under my legs to elevate them. I'm hoping that the pain will start to lessen SOON so that I'm able to do more.
Caitlyn is adjusting, although she is having some difficulty with all of the changes. I feel horrible that I can't cuddle with her all of the time like I'd like to and I know it's taking a toll on her as well. Lots more tantrums and not listening. However, she does love her baby sister and loves to look at her and talk to her. She's just having a hard time leaving her along while she's sleeping.
Madyson doesn't fuss much; thank goodness for that! She loves to eat, as it seems like that's ALL she does! Sometimes she's hungry within 1 hour of her last feeding! She was back up to 8 pounds at her doctor visit on Friday and he expects her to be past her birth weight when he sees her again on Christmas Eve morning. She is very alert and loves to look around. Today she was awake from 12:00-4:30 with only a 30 minute snooze during that time.
I couldn't get a couple of videos posted, so I'll try again tomorrow.
Hope everyone is ready for Christmas!
Very alert
Caitlyn getting ready for her Christmas program at daycare
On stage and ready to perform
Getting cozy with Grandma Jan
5 days old
Sisters
Still learning how to actually hold baby sister.
1 comment:
She looks more like a "Magee" in these pictures rather than "Martin", I think.
I love the hair - when is she going to show off a few bows in that head of hair (before it all falls out)?
Here's to a speedy recovery...
Post a Comment