Monday, December 29, 2008

A Late Merry Christmas!

We hope that everyone had a wonderful Christmas! My Mom came over for the day and we had a great time. It was so much fun watching Caitlyn this year, as she really got into the Christmas spirit! We set out cookies for Santa and carrots for his reindeer on Christmas Eve and she was so excited to learn that the snacks she left out were eaten the next morning! I wish I could have captured her expression when she saw the presents under the tree Christmas morning; it was priceless! Her comments when she got her stocking? "OH MY GOSH! This is for ME?!?" Throughout the day (yes, it took HOURS for her to open her gifts) she kept saying "Oh my Gosh!" And yes, she did get the mermaid she has been so relentlessly asking for!
Caitlyn also enjoyed opening Madyson's gifts for her.

As for miss Madyson, she is already 2 weeks old! I can't believe it! She continues to change daily and is starting to show us her personality. She sleeps okay at night, waking up every 4 hours, but during the day she tends to like to stay awake for hours on end! I've figured out she is using me as a pacifier and we're trying to get her accustomed to using an actual pacifier versus thinking she needs to eat every 1-2 hours.

I am so thankful for my 2 healthy girls! I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas gift! I look forward to watching them grow over the years and will remind myself to cherish each and every moment, as I know they'll go by too fast. My New Year's resolution is to SLOW DOWN and take more time to just play with my girls and watch them learn, as it seems like I'm always going full-speed and often find myself telling Caitlyn "Mommy doesn't have time right now." This year, everything else can wait.

Happy New Year to everyone!

Getting ready to open her 1st gift
FINALLY! She gets her mermaid!
And she even got a mermaid dress-up costume from her cousin Avery!

Loving on her interactive puppy
This has been my project since November. I purchased a plain wood mini-chest and have painted it and decorated it for Caitlyn's new dress-up chest. It has hearts, flowers, and princess crowns on the sides and tops.

Mommy and Madyson on Christmas Eve
Wide awake
Seems like she's having sweet dreams!

One of my favorites











































No comments: