WOW, I can't believe that our newest addition will be here in less than 48 hours! I'm more excited than I imagined, yet very nervous as well. With Caitlyn's birth I didn't really have time to think about having a c-section, but I've had A LOT of time to think about this one. I really am not looking forward to the soreness/recovery and I'm worried about how Caitlyn will react to Mommy not being able to pick her up. Also, with Caitlyn I wasn't lifting her and caring for her at all since she was in NICU for three weeks and I'm wondering how well I'll do with Madyson plus Caitlyn at the same time.
My dad arrived Friday and Caitlyn is very excited about his visit. They've been having a lot of fun. We took Caitlyn to see Santa AGAIN yesterday and I think she would have sat on his lap all day if we let her. She and Santa were comparing their black snow boots and Santa told Caitlyn that her's are far better than his.
I've been busy with holiday baking to ensure that the freezer is well-stocked with goodies for the next few weeks. Can't have Christmas without the goodies!
We will get photos of Madyson posted as soon as we're able. Cross your fingers that all goes well! I have to be at the hospital by 6:00 a.m. Tuesday and my c-section is scheduled for 8:00.

Another visit with Santa to MAKE SURE he's aware that Caitlyn wants a pink mermaid (and a whale, and a sea horse...)

Cuddling with Grandpa Jim

I thought it was pretty funny that my tummy kept getting in the way of cutting out sugar cookies the other night...I was covered with flour by the time I was through.
1 comment:
Almost there!
You might be surprised how quickly you recover from your surgery; for me, the first week was tough, but it was pretty easy after that. A good excuse to do nothing but sit and hold that new baby girl!
We can't wait to see what she looks like!
A big hug and kiss to sister Caitlyn from us.
Post a Comment